Umbricht Attorneys advises and represents businesses in the efficient management of disputes, often in cross-border proceedings and international arbitration but also in attempts to prevent litigation by way of settlement or commercial mediation.
Additionally, our team has wide experience obtaining injunctions, securing assets, in particular sequestration of goods by way of a freezing order, the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments as well as judicial and administrative assistance in tax and criminal matters. Perhaps you recognize your enterprise in one of the following situations we briefly describe below followed by our suggested potential solutions and how we might be able to help you.
Your company is confronted with claims by employees, trading partners, contractual parties, shareholders, customers or competitors and also wishes to present counter-claims.
- We enforce or defend legal claims in proceedings before national courts and arbitral tribunals as well as in mediation proceedings.
- We enforce or defend claims for directors' liability (D&O liability) and advice and support you with regard to questions of liability in general.
- We help you to enforce or avert debt collection proceedings.
Your company disagrees with a tax assessment or the decision of an administrative body (e.g. Customs) and wants to contest such tax or administration decision.
Your business has obtained a judgment abroad against a debtor with residence/seat or assets in Switzerland and wishes to enforce the judgment and seize the assets.
- We help you to examine, recognise and enforce foreign decisions, judgments and arbitral awards against debtors in Switzerland.
- We support you in filing for injunctions to secure Swiss assets (sequestration by way of freezing order thereof) and in realising their value in debt collection proceedings.
Within the framework of foreign insolvency proceedings the liquidator or administrator has learned of Swiss assets or claims against debtors in Switzerland belonging to the insolvent person or entity.
Foreign authorities start or threaten to start judicial or administrative assistance measures against your business in Switzerland (request for information, seizure, freezing bank accounts).
Your company’s rights are infringed by a normative act ora decision or your business activities are substantially hindered by new permit conditions.