Umbricht Attorneys assists companies with their daily, often cross-border business activities.
For example, in contract negotiations and drafting forms of contracts, in corporate governance and compliance questions as well as corporate housekeeping (including administration and book-keeping), transactions, drafting statutes, internal rules, employee training schemes, tax questions and reports, trade mark and investment protection.
Perhaps you recognise your business in one of the following situations we briefly describe below followed by our suggested potential solutions and how we might be able to help.
Your business wants to employ a new member of management or requires a uniform and transparent tailor-made regulation of its employment conditions.
- We draft a customised service agreement for the member of management.
- We examine or draft suitable restrictive covenants (competition clauses) and penalty clauses.
- We apply for appropriate permits.
- We draft standard employment agreements, rules of internal procedure, expenses regulations.
Your business wishes to ensure that all current regulations as well as compliance requirements are adhered to, in particular relating to money laundering, bribery and corruption and economic crime.
In order to improve efficiency your business wishes to outsource certain administrative tasks (corporate housekeeping).
Your business wishes to acquire property, rent out or enter into a lease or sub-lease agreement, or transfer a lease to a third party (including checking all matters relating tokey money) or is considering a building or real estate project.
- We draft or exame contracts (purchase contracts, leases, contracts with architects; general contractor agreements/building contracts).
- We check existing and register new easements, charges and contamination claims.
- We provide legal support relating to the financing of real estate or building projects.
- We offer legal assistance and support on major construction projects (management of building defects and contamination claims).
- We obtain the necessary planning and building permits.
Payment and liquidity difficulties hamper your cash-flow and commercial freedom, or that of your business partners. You have to avert insolvency and require a financial restructuring plan.
- We develop a (cross-border) financial restructuring plan and support you in its implementation.
- We search for financing partners.
- We advice you in connection with an (impending) insolvency, particularly to avoid acts of bankruptcy.
- We advice and represent you in (international) insolvency proceedings.
- We enforce claims on your behalf.
Your foreign business wishes to enter into a cross-border contract with a Swiss party (such as a financing arrangement with a Swiss lender; property financing).
Your business has to apply for national permits or a concession or an application for such permit or concession has been rejected.
Your business has suffered loss due to an official act. You want to know if the state is liable.