As multi-faceted as the business life of private individuals is, so comprehensive is Umbricht Attorneys’ long-time experience.
Whether in connection with tax planning, in all phases of acquiring or disposing of shares or investments (including private equity or venture capital), the development of and succession planning for family businesses or the setting up a family office – we work out lasting solutions.
You might recognise some of the scenarios in your business life we now describe, followed by some of our suggested solutions.
You want to form a company in Switzerland or move the domicile of your business or group of companies to Switzerland.
- We assist you in the choice of domicile, the formation or transfer of the company’s domicile and the day-to-day business.
- We set up an efficient corporate organisation.
- We handle tax, employment and residence permit matters.
You want to acquire or dispose of a business, regulate your succession or terminate your relations with business partners.
- We support you in the evaluation and handling of business acquisitions.
- We set up succession measures.
- We assist you in the exclusion of shareholders.
- We negotiate and draft termination agreements.
You want to acquire or dispose of participations (such as shares) in companies.
- We carry out due diligence investigations.
- We negotiate share purchase agreements.
- We draft shareholder agreements.
- We provide escrow services.
You are a Board member of an (internationally active) company and require legal assistance.
- We provide you with legal assistance in the execution of your duties.
- We train/raise awareness of board members (e.g. corporate governance).
- We defend against liability claims (e.g. responsibility claims against board members).
You need a permit from the authorities or such permit has been refused.
- We assist in the approval process.
- We contest the refusal of permits.
You look for a succession plan for your business.
- We analyse various succession options.
- We negotiate and draft the appropriate contracts.