Umbricht Attorneys has wide-ranging know-how in public law proceedings before all court instances and international tribunals,
extending from internal conflict management, handling disputes between government bodies, to defending claims of state liability or supervisory complaints. Below you will find examples of public institutions involved in dispute situations, followed by the principles we apply to find solutions.
Disputes have arisen arising out of a cooperation agreement between your municipality and other public bodies.
The work of your office or individual officers has been severely criticized in public, and deficits denounced; or your authority has been criticised for not having carried out a project properly or for massively exceeding costs budgets.
- We analyse the internal situation within the authority and relevant financial questions.
- We recommend immediate measures.
- We adapt regulations and contracts.
- We carry out or support you in an investigation.
- We prepare a legal opinion on internal procedures, where required with recommendations for improvement.
Your authority or state entity has to defend or make claims in administrative proceedings.
Your authority is faced with claims arising out of State liability or wishes to make such claims.
Your municipality complains that a cantonal decision or normative act affects your local autonomy.
A police officer is accused of having used confidential internal information in return for favours.