Umbricht Attorneys assists public bodies to carry out their duties whenever new problems and complex (also public-private) situations arise.
Our team carries out research, clarifications, (internal) investigations and training and will edit and draft regulations and legal opinions. We have summarised some example situations which potentially might arise and to some degree also set out our solutions to assist you.
Your state entity enquires whether it can expropriate property or neighbour rights.
- We provide a legal opinion on the validity of an expropriation.
- We draft expropriation orders.
- We provide support in expropriation proceedings.
Your authority deals with the drafting of normative acts or is looking for appropriate regulatory instruments.
- We develop regulation concepts and legislative approaches.
- We provide support with the drafting of laws, acts and regulations.
- We review existing or proposed regulation concepts and normative acts.
- We give legal opinions on legislative proposals or their constitutionality.
Your authority is faced with new questions of interpretation when faced with requests regarding the issuance of licences or permits.
- We review the legal position.
- We assist you in any proceedings.
The qualification of an expenditure as bound or new is unclear.
- We qualify the expenditure.
- We prepare a memorandum.
Your municipality seeks to establish collaboration with other public authorities in order to carry out some of its public functions jointly.
- We analyse possible forms of co-operation.
- We draft contracts.
- We draft voting documents.
Your state entity has to verify the validity of a proposal for a public referendum.
- We draft an opinion regarding its formal and substantive validity.
- We assist with the procedures both in public administration and parliament.
- Representation in the Courts.
A municipality has to adjust its building zone to the latest federal law.
- Analysis of the functional space status.
- Levy of additional value.
- We clarify compensation issues.